dots

. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

Welcome To The Team.

Terra Firma is a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu team of white belt ruffians. This group was founded by brothers Hiram, Nabor, and Kareem Navarrete, along with long time friend Emmanuel Silva with the hopes and dreams of one day opening up there very own academy. This site is meant to keep track of "the brothers" and there team as they journey down the road of the smooth art. These boys don't know what's in store for them but there prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed and have fun along the way. So slap on that gi, tighten up your belt, and let's roll!!

Follow us on facebook, Twitter, & Youtube!!
Terra Firma BJJ
@terrafirmabjj
Terra Firma Youtube

Visitors

Apr 20, 2012

The Belt Itself


By: Emmanuel "Macaco" Silva

A few nights ago I was browsing through my Facebook, as I would any other night , and I came across a question that really hit home. It asked "Where does earning a Black Belt stand in your life long list of goals?". On any other night I would've answered something along the lines of "My top 5!" or " Easily on the top of my list!", but on this night I, as a White Belt with no stripes, took the question and thought of it on a whole other level. I began to question my self on the very thought of "what is a black belt". The answer that came to mind, was as clear as day " its a piece of cotton and cloth" no more no less, but what it symbolizes is what really matters, and what really matters is, as the old saying goes, "Its not the destination that's important, but the journey itself." Do I disregard the Black Belt itself? No, I give it its full credit as a symbol of someone who has earned it and reached the pinnacle of the sport, because with this Black Belt the practitioner shows the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu world that he(she) has been through the road. The Road of limitless hours, days, nights, weeks, months, years of training. Those countless cramps, aches, pains, sprained joints, and broken bones. The countless drops of blood, sweat, and tears. That journey that I as a White Belt first started when I put on my gi and tied my belt, and that same road all Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioners will embark on that fateful first day. So, what is my answer to that question I came across those nights ago, if i get my belt its fine with me but my top Jiu jitsu priority is training and hopefully one day passing on my knowledge to another "beginner" and letting him(or her) know the joys of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

No comments:

Post a Comment